Students in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions’ Doctor of Nursing Program (DNP) will defend their quality improvement projects during a webinar at 9 a.m. April 4.
This formal, open defense/dissemination, which may be viewed via Zoom, is built into the new version of the program, and this will be the first group to graduate from this new program version.
This will be a one-way presentation, so students will not see the spectators, but the spectators will be able to see and hear the students.
Here is the list of presentations:
- 9 a.m.: Jeana Adams, “Management of Sepsis with the quick Sequential Organ Failure Assessment”
- 9:30 a.m.: April Fox, “Impact of Implementing a Postpartum Hemorrhage Toolkit to Reduce Postpartum Hemorrhage”
- 10 a.m.: Cynthia Osborne Chambers, “Implementation of the Bruin Biometrics Sub-Epidermal Moisture Scanner”
- 10:30 a.m.: Stacey Harrison-Godson, “Improving Exclusive Breastfeeding Rates by Implementing the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative”
- 11 a.m.: Erin Dees, “Reducing Inpatient Placement Errors in the Emergency Department Using NEWS2”
- 11:30 a.m.: Christina Arockiam, “Identifying Delirium in Hospitalized Patients Using Nursing Delirium Screening Scale”
- Noon: Dawn Laprade, “Implementing the Columbia Severity Scale to Increase Identification of Suicidal Ideations”
- 12:30 p.m.: Joe Pirrocco, “A Multi-Modality Approach to Reducing Falls in an Acute Care Community Hospital”
To watch the presentations:
Via Zoom: Click on the link here and enter the passcode 449319.