GCU to distribute entire amount of CARES Act funds directly to students

April 09, 2020 / by / 149 Comments

(April 9, 2020) – Grand Canyon University announced today that the entire $22.3 million it is receiving from the federal government as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (or CARES Act), will go directly to students in the form of emergency cash grants.

Stipulations in the CARES Act require that half of the money allocated – in GCU’s case $11.175 million – must be allocated to students, with the other half available to the universities themselves to cover costs associated with COVID-19. But GCU President Brian Mueller said the University is committed to providing the full amount to students.

“This was an easy decision to make,” Mueller said. “It is incumbent on us to take care of our students and families who are trying to navigate the challenges caused by this coronavirus pandemic.”

Because of GCU’s experience and expertise in online education, the transition to moving on-campus classes to an online learning environment due to the coronavirus has been seamless, Mueller added.

“From an education standpoint, that is going extremely well. Our faculty members have been very pleased with the participation levels of students, the interaction that is taking place and the quality of work that is being produced. From a financial standpoint, these stimulus funds will help both our ground and online students who have been impacted by the pandemic and enable them to continue on a path toward completing their degrees.”

Mueller said GCU is still working out the details of how those funds will be distributed but made clear that those funds will not be used to reimburse the University for refunds and credits that have already gone out to students for housing and food.

More details on the cash grants will be communicated to students in the coming days.

About Grand Canyon University:  Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and offers more than 240 academic programs, emphases and certificates for both traditional undergraduate students and working professionals. The University’s curriculum emphasizes interaction with classmates, both in-person and online, and individual attention from instructors while fusing academic rigor with Christian values to help students find their purpose and become skilled, caring professionals. For more information, visit gcu.edu.

1. Becky

This just proves what a GREAT College I attend

Apr.09.2020 at 7:34 pm
  2. Amanda Stines

I couldn’t be more proud to be a student of this amazing college! The school, faculty and staff are gifts from the Heavenly Father himself! Thank you!

Apr.09.2020 at 7:59 pm
  3. Andrew

GCU really is the best..

Apr.09.2020 at 8:12 pm
  4. Heather Nyhart

How do we know If this applies to us? I agree it does prove how wonderful our college is!

Apr.09.2020 at 9:20 pm
  5. Lawrence Garcia

Although unexpected this does not a surprise me at all! This was my daughter’s first year. Her being away from us was an adjustment for sure, but it’s been a great journey for her so far. It’s also been easier for us than I thought it would be. From our first visit to see the campus, to the family weekend, to the way they handled the whole pandemic situation and everything in between, made it easier. Friendiest and most student oriented campus you could hope for. I’m sorry the year was cut short for our children and they didn’t properly get to say goodbye for the summer to all their friends, teachers and the rest of the faculty they got to know. God bless you all and stay safe! Looking forward to the next three years!
    Lawrence Garcia
    Proud Dad of a GCU Student

Apr.09.2020 at 9:25 pm
  6. Katherine

I am proud to be student.

Apr.09.2020 at 9:30 pm
  7. Chris Davis

I am speechless!

Apr.09.2020 at 9:32 pm
  8. Carol Davis

WOW. I. AM. SPEECHLESS. Not only is GCU an amazing school, serving amazing students, but they also serve an amazing God! Thank you for your generosity in such a time as this. Just incredible. God is glorified! And GCU will continue to be blessed.

Apr.09.2020 at 9:42 pm
  9. Christina Tracy

What about students that are starting soon like end of the month do they get to be a part of this

Apr.09.2020 at 9:52 pm
  10. Beverly Kavookjian

I have loved GCU Since the moment I began. It is unique and BLESSED with amazing God fearing administrators, faculty and staff. They are always amazing me and i could not be prouder to say i attend GCU.

Apr.10.2020 at 12:03 am
  11. Peggy Ellett

I am at a loss for words. I chose GCU because I could take online classes. I live in the country and there is not a college near to where I would be able to further my career otherwise. To be so kind as to help us knowing we are all struggling in many different ways, yet we are still doing our best to keep up with the assignments during this storm that surrounds us. I am proud to attend GCU—-love this college!!!!

Apr.10.2020 at 1:18 am
  12. melissa Magabilin

so glad I chose GCU to obtain my BSN! I’m an ADN in NJ currently. It is unimaginable the difficulty that we are facing as a state and nation while going to school too. But everyone from the counselors to the instructors have been an enormous help!!

Apr.10.2020 at 2:29 am
  13. Mayra garcia

Proud to go here! GCU!

Apr.10.2020 at 2:35 am
  14. maria Artice

I am so proud and trully shows the values our school stands for and taking care of our community. I was very impressed before and now even more and so grateful. Way to go Lopes!

Apr.10.2020 at 6:39 am
  15. Dr. Suzette Scheuermann

I am honored to be part of the Grand Canyon University as faculty. God bless GCU for being like Jesus who will carry those unable to make the journey.

Apr.10.2020 at 6:56 am
  16. Aaron Bissette

GCU is amazing! I’m a proud student! Thank you!

Apr.10.2020 at 7:57 am
  17. Justin Merhoff

Will this apply for Cohort students as well?

Apr.10.2020 at 8:13 am
  18. Michael

Go Lopes

Apr.10.2020 at 9:45 am
  19. Victor Burns

I love my school Lopes Up!!

Apr.10.2020 at 10:00 am
  20. Mac

Such a great school! Loved the school environment when I dropped off my son at the dorms for his freshmen year. My son loves the school and it just goes to show that they are in tune with everything that’s going on with their students’ lives. GCU rocks! LOPES UP!

Apr.10.2020 at 11:18 am
  21. Jeffrey Richards

Does this apply to all students? If not how do we apply?

Apr.10.2020 at 11:46 am
  22. Cassy Horne

What a blessing!

Apr.10.2020 at 12:59 pm
  23. Melinda

Such a selfless act! Thank you GCU!

Apr.10.2020 at 1:57 pm
  24. Leandra Thorne

So proud to say this is my College. Amazing! So glad to be getting my BA here.

Apr.10.2020 at 5:48 pm
  25. Patty

Thank you GCU! Distance learning has been challenging but the professors are all in to helping the students succeed. Proud mom of a very successful GCU student💜

Apr.11.2020 at 7:45 am
  26. Marilyn Taylor

Praise God. As an online learner any help to pay the electric & cable company for the internet is helpful right now. A major concern.

Apr.11.2020 at 8:24 am
  27. Vicly Hernandez

PROUD PARENT OF A PROUD SON WHO IS AND HAS BEEN ATTENDING GCU.
    FOR THE PAST 2 YRS GOING HIS 3RD YR. THIS WAS THE BEST DECISION WE MADE!! AWESOME SCHOOL AND AWESOME ADMINISTRATION STAFF….
    SEE YOU SOON ND GOD BLESS!! LOPES UP GCU!!!!

Apr.11.2020 at 11:15 am
  28. Christina Jenkins

This means a lot, and shows how much GCU cares about as as students. I am three classes away from graduation and this couldn’t come at a better time for a student like me who is paying out of pocket. I am glad that GCU is investing back in us as students to help us succeed during this crisis while there is so much uncertainty around us.

Apr.11.2020 at 12:59 pm
  29. Janet S. Francis

Thank you Lord!

Apr.11.2020 at 1:15 pm
  30. Janet S. Francis

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ!

Apr.11.2020 at 1:16 pm
  31. Baylee Hampsey

Will this also be used for students that have a prior balance with the school and can not work right now?

Apr.11.2020 at 3:50 pm
  32. Desmona Williams

Wow, I am an online student for over two years and it makes me proud to call GCU my school. To see how they truly do love the students and care about our well-being, thank you.

Apr.11.2020 at 6:09 pm
  33. Valene M. Vetack

I have been going to GCU for a while now. First was my undergrad which I graduated with in October (2019) and now I am working towards my MHA. The graduation I have to say was really something special. There is so much love and value put into the students, it truly shows God’s love. Without GCU and remote learning options I don’t think I would have ever completed it. After reading this article I was moved because I am so blessed to be part of such a wonderful institution. The staff is amazing, the professors are amazing, and so is GCU! Stay safe everyone and God Bless.

Apr.11.2020 at 6:53 pm
  34. Amber Ford

So glad to be part of GCU!! Such an amazing school and staff.

Apr.11.2020 at 9:01 pm
  35. Kimberly Beaudry

Great college. Awesome people. Outstanding morals. GCU!! We all need a little help in this pandemic.

Apr.11.2020 at 10:57 pm
  36. Paraswun

Does this apply to people like me that are supposed to start student teaching in August but I have a $1,763 bill and can’t start?
    And I have completed a bachelors degree and almost a masters degree here.

Apr.12.2020 at 6:06 am
  37. Jacqueline Price

Way to go GCU!

Apr.12.2020 at 10:37 am
  38. Victoria Vredevoogd

Thank you GCU!

Apr.12.2020 at 12:29 pm
  39. Devin Nardone

I’m proud to be a GCU student.

Apr.12.2020 at 12:47 pm
  40. Devin Nardone

It is a great school.

Apr.12.2020 at 12:48 pm
  41. Claudia Marian

Blessed with the best

Apr.12.2020 at 1:06 pm
  42. Francisco

That’s great to hear. It would be nice to know these grants can be used to reimburse students who lost their room and board fees they paid this semester.

Apr.12.2020 at 1:42 pm
  43. Shelley Lamphere

Praise the Lord! I am proud to be a student at such a wonderful school that is of, and for the kingdom of God!

Apr.12.2020 at 4:25 pm
  44. Davetta G

My school rocks!!! Recently received my BS in Psychology and now getting my MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I love GCU. They truly care about the students. I’m so blessed to be attending this university.

Apr.12.2020 at 5:20 pm
  45. Jonathan Gibson

Well done. Does it apply to online students

Apr.12.2020 at 5:46 pm
  46. Lesley Martinez

I just started with GCU, and so far I love this school. I am and online student and the staff has been extremely helpful to find scholarships and funds to help with cost. I have been blessed to find this school.

Apr.12.2020 at 6:53 pm
  47. Kathy Jones

As a parent…Thank you! We love GCU. Our son will be a senior and you have always gone above and beyond, placing the welfare of the students first.

Apr.12.2020 at 7:05 pm
  48. Althena Clark

I’m so very appreciative yo have GCU as my first college to attend. And with this pandemic going on, I’m grateful for what president of GCU is doing to help students with this pandemic. Thank you so much, God bless you!

Apr.12.2020 at 7:50 pm
  49. Debra

Proud to be a student at GCU. This doesn’t surprise me this has always been my experience! They talk and walk God!

Apr.12.2020 at 8:44 pm
  50. Mieko Smith

I wonder if this will apply to online students as well?

Apr.12.2020 at 8:50 pm
  51. Tracy Nuding

I’m a GCU online student. RN TO BSN program. This is a blessing because it is certainly needed. What an amazing thing to do. Thank you GCU. I’m a success because of you. 4 more classes 2 go. Then practicum.

Apr.12.2020 at 9:46 pm
  52. ivelisa figueroa

Very proud!!!!!

Apr.13.2020 at 3:29 am
  53. ivelisa figueroa

Very proud!!!

Apr.13.2020 at 3:29 am
  54. Mariama

I will be so happy to get it . Go lopes

Apr.13.2020 at 5:49 am
  55. April

So proud to be an online student! This is a kind and selfless act.

Apr.13.2020 at 6:16 am
  56. Tiffany Hewing

Proud to be a GCU Student…

Apr.13.2020 at 11:50 am
  57. Jonathan Lopez

Amazing job GCU! I love this college and it’s faculty! Thank you!

Apr.13.2020 at 1:45 pm
  58. Lionel Williams

Compassion in action! Excellent move GCU.

Apr.13.2020 at 1:57 pm
  59. Jackie Pelegrin

This is wonderful news! I am so proud to be part of GCE and in partnership with GCU each and every day.

Apr.13.2020 at 2:47 pm
  60. Myselft

OK, so GCU has 22.35 million to distribute between 83,284 students.
    Evenly distributed, that’s $268.35 per student, which I think is a satisfactory sum.

Apr.13.2020 at 3:09 pm
  61. Logan Harris

Does this apply to all of us? If so, how much will we be getting?

Apr.13.2020 at 3:16 pm
  62. Kate Carrillo

While I love and owe my education to GCU, I am wondering if these funds will also be afforded to members of the online community.
    Thank you for your selfishlessness.
    Proud graduate 2020,
    Katy Carrillo

Apr.13.2020 at 4:23 pm
  63. Judy B

This is amazing! GCU is the best and always so generous! Will this help the seniors whose families lost money on travel arrangements for graduation this April and for the extra trip we’ll all have to make in December for the delayed ceremony?

Apr.13.2020 at 7:03 pm
  64. Bambi Jenkins

Without GCU I would not have the opportunity to finish my educational career, I will be a licensed teacher of our younger generation. This crisis has had a huge hardship on many people. However, with the Christian environment at GCU the staff has helped us by making sure we know it is in God’s hands. They pray with us, they truly put the faith of God back in many people. I love it. And God will not put on us than we can handle. Thank you to all the staff at GCU, and I am proud to say yes I go to a Christian based university because without God none of us would be where we are today.

Apr.13.2020 at 7:04 pm
  65. Veronica garza

Does this also pertain to students taking online classes?

Apr.13.2020 at 7:12 pm
  66. Precious Loftis

What a blessing, great job GCU.

Apr.13.2020 at 7:59 pm
  67. K. Langat, PhD

What a godly idea! I am impressed with the school and its leadership. They really care! I visited the university for my first time last year and I was really impressed by it.
    Keep it up!

Apr.13.2020 at 8:31 pm
  68. C. Jones

Unbelievable!! Oh my gracious. This is amazing. Such a surprise!! A true blessing!! I will put the money to good use for sure. I wonder if we need to do something for it to be released. Anyway, I am a present student at GCU and am so proud to be one!! This was so selfless. This will help we students, so much in our coming days, weeks, or months during the pandemic. God bless you all!

Apr.13.2020 at 8:43 pm
  69. Darlene Gaines

I am very proud to attend a school that practices conscious capitalism. What a blessing! Mr. Mueller, thank you for your leadership.

Apr.13.2020 at 9:29 pm
  70. Jackie Jemkins

The only comments allowed here are those who assume GCU will provide these funds fairly to ALL. Which they won’t.

Apr.14.2020 at 6:47 am
  71. Deloise Haggan

This is great! Does it apply to online students as well?

Apr.14.2020 at 11:38 am
  72. mandela Thomas

I do love gcu the best

Apr.14.2020 at 12:01 pm
  73. Raquel

This is amazing!

Apr.14.2020 at 12:42 pm
  74. Letisha Harris

Wondering how and when this will be distributed and what about students who are finishing programs in May are they included as well?

Apr.14.2020 at 2:52 pm
  75. Bob Romantic

GCU is still awaiting guidance from the Department of Education before releasing details on how and when the funds will be distributed. The University’s plan is to provide benefits for both on-campus and online students.

Apr.14.2020 at 3:22 pm
  76. Tatiana Bryant

Great school, Thank you GCU!!!!

Apr.14.2020 at 5:19 pm
  77. Kim T

Does this apply to graduate online students?

Apr.14.2020 at 5:24 pm
  78. Joni Powers

Proud to be a student at such a great school ♥️

Apr.15.2020 at 1:12 pm
  79. Amanda Mohammed

Thanks you so much this would be of great help. I hope it applies to grad online students as well. God bless you!

Apr.15.2020 at 1:16 pm
  80. Ieiasha Hill

😍😍😍

Apr.15.2020 at 1:20 pm
  81. Tammie M Solinski

I have been blessed in so many ways to be a part of this generous school. Thank you for everything!

Apr.15.2020 at 1:21 pm
  82. Jennie Haemmerle

Wow, absolutely incredible! I am so happy thank God I am doing this BSN program with you. I am a nurse currently unemployed for a month and have not received unemployment to this date. I haven’t stopped volunteering though at the testing sites n feel blessed to be able to help. And now GCU helps me with my daughters. God bless you all at GCU n ty for sharing.

Apr.15.2020 at 1:23 pm
  83. Vanessa R. Johnson

Awesome Blessings!

Apr.15.2020 at 1:27 pm
  84. Martessia Wood

I’m proud to be a GCU Student! Thanks so much and may God continue to cover and bless us all during this pandemic.

Apr.15.2020 at 1:32 pm
  85. Towah Jessica Wleh

Wow what a great school. I made the best decision.

Apr.15.2020 at 1:36 pm
  86. Maria Guerrero

I couldn’t be more blessed. GCU is demonstrating how much they care about their students. GOD bless management team and staff.

Apr.15.2020 at 1:41 pm
  87. Britany

This is such a ray of light in this darkness. Mr. Mueller and GCU administration thank you! So proud to be a GCU student.

Apr.15.2020 at 1:43 pm
  88. Joy Ruseruka

Wow!
    GCU is an amazing Institution!
    This is real a Servant Leadership act.
    God bless GCU, and all the financial decisions makers in this uncertain moment of COVID-19.

Apr.15.2020 at 2:52 pm
  89. Jennifer Webb

This is amazing. I went back to school because my hospital requires me to get my bachelors in Nursing and I chose GCU because of the friendliness and ease of starting back to school with them. My assigned counselors have been great! Unfortunately I’ve had to take a pause in my schooling because of the COVID-19 situation. My unit at the hospital has been very low census since this started so I have been working our designated COVID unit. I am glad to be helping out anyway I can but also scared because I am a single mom and worry about taking this home to my son. With schools closed I have now become a home school teacher to him and love the fact that GCU allows us to make our own schedules so I can put my on pause while dealing with everything else. I am proud to be a GCU student!!

Apr.15.2020 at 2:55 pm
  90. Victoria.C

As a online student I am happy this also applies to us…how do we know for sure this will apply to us though?

Apr.15.2020 at 3:08 pm
  91. Adaure

Words cannot express my sincere feeling and excitement towards this great news. You all have made my day. I knew before now that I am at the right place. I am extremely grateful. To God be the Glory. God bless Dr. Mueller and the entire administration. Thanks a million.

Apr.15.2020 at 3:11 pm
  92. Lois M Dumas

I sure would love to see some of that money. Have been a student since 2010. Bachelors, Masters, now Post-Masters!!! Go-Lopes!

Apr.15.2020 at 3:33 pm
  93. Sidy Hamady Ba

I am taking online classes, I would love to see GCU “physically”. I am a graduate student from this great school. I love you GCU. May God protect you.

Apr.15.2020 at 3:38 pm
  94. lawanda

Is there stipulations? Who does this apply to? ALL students?? This will be great if it’s for all students.

Apr.15.2020 at 4:10 pm
  95. Stacie Armstrong

Hello Everyone,
    I am an online student here at GCU. I have been blessed just to be taking classes at such an amazing school. The staff is awesome and I have not had a professor that does not care about each student. Not only do the instructors care that each student is getting a passing grade, they care that we are understanding the materials being taught and that we are learning the information. When I opened this email I was in disbelief at what is a selfless amazing miracle to be honest. Everyone is struggling right now as I’m sure that all the staff members and the school itself is, and this is how they show their support back to us for supporting them and believing in them and in return have chosen to believe in us, and help us in our time of struggles.
    Thank the Lord for his blessings, and thank you GCU, we are all truly blessed.

Apr.15.2020 at 4:40 pm
  96. Lekeeche Bryant

How generous of you all to do. My heart ❤️ is full but well appreciative of this kind act. Thank you 🙏🏽 and many blessings.

Apr.15.2020 at 4:56 pm
  97. Kevin Fordham

GCU once again shows how much they care about their students while continuing to share the love of GOD.

Apr.15.2020 at 5:04 pm
  98. Eugenia Thomas

I’m blessed to go to a school so giving and caring towards the success of their students.

Apr.15.2020 at 5:17 pm
  99. Andrea Townsend

I don’t know if I am in that group of students, but to know that GCU’s president and staff are thinking about the students, thank God for them. Be blessed in everything that you do. Much love and God bless you all.

Apr.15.2020 at 5:25 pm
  100. Tracy

Thank you so much Mr. Mueller and GCU administration and staff. I am so proud to be a student at a school that is built on such high Christian values and morals. Thank you!

Apr.15.2020 at 5:51 pm
  101. Tiffany

Thank you GCU, and god bless everyone. Stay healthy and safe!

Apr.15.2020 at 6:03 pm
  102. Merdis Alaribe

I was wondering if this apply to online students.

Apr.15.2020 at 6:04 pm
  103. Juliana Williams

I am so grateful for GCU they allowed my dream to come to a reality and I do want to thank God for placing this university into my educational path.

Apr.15.2020 at 6:16 pm
  104. Liliana Horsley

Thank you so much GCU. This is the best decision I have ever made.

Apr.15.2020 at 6:18 pm
  105. Amber Davis Segbefia

This is such a blessing! I have lost my job. My husband’s hours have been cut from his job, we’re barely getting by with groceries, I’ve lost friends and family members from this virus. To know that God is working on my behalf to bless my family with this financial blessing is giving me hope. I’m literally in tears 😭 Thank you GCU staff, professors and the president of the university. May God continue to keep you all safe and blessed.

Apr.15.2020 at 6:30 pm
  106. Misty Dore

Wow! Such a blessing!

Apr.15.2020 at 6:59 pm
  107. Andranette

This is such a blessing! I’m proud to be a GCU student. May God continue to bless each and every one of you.

Apr.15.2020 at 7:21 pm
  108. Yolanda E Rayford

I am so proud to be a student at GCU online program, and as a student whose job is on the line because my position is not salary this is such a Blessing! May God continue to Bless the university with the great staff and students

Apr.15.2020 at 8:46 pm
  109. Ralesia Jones-Gibbs

Our God is just awesome!! Thanks GCU for practicing what you preach. I’m proud to be apart ox such a great school. Go GCU!!

Apr.15.2020 at 9:53 pm
  110. Kentrell Ramsey

This has really taken me by storm knowing the selfless love and act of kindness toward us all who are apart of the GCU student body!!!! GOD is so good!!!!

Apr.15.2020 at 10:36 pm
  111. Melisa Campbell

I am so proud to be a GCU student!! I am excited when I talk to others about what an amazing group of students and teachers that are so willing to help! I’ve been on honor roll and the Deans list twice and I’m so very proud of my school!!! ❤️

Apr.16.2020 at 8:11 am
  112. Dr. Lois Eunice Cannon

This is so amazing! I am thankful for the demonstration of Christ that is being personified by GCU! I am proud to be a part of this great university. Thank you.

Apr.16.2020 at 8:37 am
  113. Jolene Williams

GCU thanks for raising the bar to help students! Talk about a student-centered learning center, YOU are it! How and when are they dispersing the funds?

Apr.16.2020 at 9:07 am
  114. Kim Romano

These funds will come in handy. My fiance is working on his master’s and funds are really tight right now. We had even discussed his leaving the program. This will allow him to finish his education. Truly they put God and students first. And their online classes are very well done. I took 3 of them during my course work and did not feel as if I received less than the ground students. Thank you Grand Canyon…. go Lopes!

Apr.16.2020 at 9:31 am
  115. Deborah

Great job GCU I am so proud I am a student.
    God bless you Mr. Mueller for thinking about we the students.

Apr.16.2020 at 9:40 am
  116. Rudelia Collins

Thank you GCU for the thoughts and love you display to your students. Love GCU.

Apr.16.2020 at 10:31 am
  117. Cassandra Molina

Wow! Couldn’t be prouder of being a student at GCU!!

Apr.16.2020 at 2:27 pm
  118. Maanaima

When an institution president and his team places care focus on the students rather than themselves, especially when it involves tens of millions of dollars, a new depth of academic value surfaces. Doesn’t the Bible says that …”where your treasure is, your heart will be also”. Placing GCU’s value on the students in the most challenging time such as right now, inspires me and my learning in an incredible way. Now I’m pumped up to finish my dissertation proposal.

Apr.16.2020 at 2:35 pm
  119. Amallama

I am proud to say my daughter is going to GCU in the fall! By reading these comments, I’m glad she will be surrounded by such amazing students and staff!

Apr.16.2020 at 2:55 pm
  120. Amanda Sturgeon

YEEEAA!!!!!! WITH EVERYONE SO WORRIED ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO TURN IN ASSIGNMENTS BECAUSE OF THIS COVID AND THEM BEING AN ESSENTIAL WORKER, I’M SURE THIS WILL HELP EVERYONE!!!!! Wow, the president is Awesome! God is Good all the time, all the time God is good! There was a reason we chose this school, good moral principles. Thank you so much!!!!

Apr.16.2020 at 5:14 pm
  121. Carissa

So unbelievably grateful! Truly appreciative!

Blessed

Carissa

Apr.16.2020 at 7:09 pm
  122. Juanita

Awesome! Thank you GCU. Your service and commitment to students, their education, and well being are truly Christ-like and should inspire us all to continue to Lead by example in all we do.
    God Bless.

Apr.16.2020 at 7:10 pm
  123. Trinity

I trult am blessed to be attending GCU! Not only because all of the staff are amazing, but belonging to a Christian based school makes it even that much better!

Apr.16.2020 at 7:33 pm
  124. Denese

Oh what a blessing!
    Wow..the school that truly cares.

Apr.17.2020 at 6:33 am
  125. Wendy

Proud to be a GCU student. Thanks for caring for us and our future.

Apr.17.2020 at 9:40 am
  126. Jessica

Feeling truly blessed and appreciative.

Apr.17.2020 at 10:06 am
  127. Katherine Afuola

Grateful to be GCU Alumni and current student. Integral community!

Apr.17.2020 at 1:13 pm
  128. Shalon Johnson

This is one of the best choices that I have made in my life, choosing GCU!! I am super excited for my upcoming years with them, as I’ve just started. This is an EXCELLENT and unselfish gesture and shows that our school doesn’t just talk about honoring Jesus Christ, they do an excellent job in actually honoring Jesus Christ. I have been, and continue to be utterly impressed by my school! I am definitely a VERY proud student of GCU….LOPES UP!!! They have been truly blessed by God and don’t hesitate to bless others. I’ve noticed that since I began the enrollment process for myself, and then had the same great experience with enrolling my daughter. Thank you president Mueller for your generosity and thoughtfulness during this unexpected rough time. Everything else may have been flipped upside down in our lives, but it’s been a smooth transition as far as school is concerned. Thank you for blessing us with the great faculty that you have in place and thank you for putting us ahead of yourself, but always putting God first!

Apr.17.2020 at 2:18 pm
  129. Alicia Maggard

Proud to be a GCU student. This proves their dedication to their mission statement and to their students !! Choosing GCU has been a huge blessing in my life !!

Apr.17.2020 at 4:07 pm
  130. Lora H.

I am so proud to call GCU my school, it took me sometime to find a great school, i m glad that i choose the school my older sister went to, she was right this school is truly amazing, and I have the utmost respect for everyone at this school.

Apr.18.2020 at 6:39 am
  131. Angela

I am a GCU student, I am really proud and happy to graduate from there…

Apr.18.2020 at 2:24 pm
  132. Melissa

Could not be more proud to be a student of GCU!

Apr.18.2020 at 6:35 pm
  133. Katherine Luckette

I am glad to be a GCU student this is what they teach in all classes to understand nature and how everyone counts no matter who you are. God bless all and stay safe.

Apr.18.2020 at 6:47 pm
  134. Maricela Flores

After 16 years out of school, I decided to go back. I believe nothing happens by accident. A wonderful recruiter visiting our hospital was there at the right time and with some fear I signed up. He helped me with the whole process of signing up and submitting everything I needed. He even helped me navigate through the online student portal one day on a weekend until he made sure I understood. He never left me alone until he was confident I was able to handle everything well. My financial counselor has also been very helpful. I later found out it was a Christian school which was a confirmation I needed that I chose a great school. With only 3 classes left to go, I have not been disappointed.

Apr.18.2020 at 8:05 pm
  135. Linda Fernbacher

I graduated with my Master’s degree from GCU 4.0 GPA. This is an amazing college! I’m happy that you are assisting the students but will you be issuing to graduates? I still owe student loans and am having difficulty paying them at the time since my husband has lost hours in the business he works in.

Linda Fernbacher MSHA RT (R)

Apr.19.2020 at 7:40 am
  136. Doctor of Tomorrow: Rebecca Mcvay

I spent four years attending Louisiana State University, driving over an hour each way, while having a full time job and raising a family. Following my graduation with my Bachelor’s degree I knew I was not finished but I was exhausted and did not think I could handle the upcoming years with the same routine so I started looking online for alternatives and I came across GCU along with a couple of other universities that had my degree available online. I took the time to think real hard about what I wanted out of a school and out of my education and future career. One day I felt lost and stuck and needed to make a decision when the phone rang and it was the GCU recruiter and I knew in that moment that GOD had sent him to answer my prayers. I enrolled that day and started the following week and enjoyed every moment of each experience I had throughout the program. I finished my Masters and two weeks later started on my doctoral journey, now we are here in a time of need where work is slow, people are sick and dying, and I am praying for some form of guidance and I get this message that is the answer to my prayers and is full of hope for so many. GCU is truly a place that moves through the spirit of the Lord and each of my prayers have been heard. Thank you Dr. Mueller and the Board for making this decision. You will never fully understand the gravity of what kindness and selflessness the University has shown, I pray that others can follow the lead you are setting and give hope to their students and families as well. I have always been proud to be a part of this University, I shared my story with others here in Louisiana and now you are showing those who followed me here that they as well made the right choice. Words will never express my complete gratitude. God Bless You All.

Apr.19.2020 at 7:55 pm
  137. Labby

I am so glad to be a student at this great school. Thank you for doing this GCU, for being so gracious and giving. May the Lord’s face continue to shine upon this university.

Apr.19.2020 at 8:39 pm
  138. Tricia Ryan

ღ our Lopes!
    Thanks GCU!
    🌵🌅🤘🏻
    Go Lopes Men’s Lacrosse!
    ——<#)
    #lopesup #lopesrising

Apr.22.2020 at 4:34 am
  139. TB

GCU is an amazing school and I am doctoral student. I love my program and that my school thinks of its students first. Those students who will receive help are blessed and so are those of us who will not receive help due to Federal regulations and guidelines. I appreciate the opportunity to be an online student and work toward future goals during uncertain times. Everyone stay the course, continue to stay positive, and stay safe.

Apr.23.2020 at 10:30 am
  140. west

As this message reached an abundance of students/parents too fast. It’s disheartening to get one hopes high and such a time of need. The latest email sent yesterday stated “online students” do not qualify!!!!! What a shame…

Apr.25.2020 at 5:06 am
  141. Chari Clayborn

Perhaps they should not have said anything until they were SURE that ALL the students can get help! Just because we don’t go to the campus does not mean we are better off than others. Not the case at all. ALL students should be able to get this help, AS PROMISED. Very frustrating, to say the very least. Everyone is struggling to pay bills, and this would have helped a lot of us going to GCU. Unbelievable!

May.01.2020 at 1:08 pm
  142. Christal Whitsel

What a great school. I am so glad I decided to go to school here. I am very happy with how they help their students and take care of them. Go GCU.

May.04.2020 at 10:44 pm
  143. Dan Geiser

My wife and I are blessed to have both of our daughters attending GCU next Fall. It is such a superior university when compared to its competition. Their expediency to give back to their students in difficult times is proof.

May.05.2020 at 5:52 am
  144. Tamara N Teal

This is truly a blessing to those that are in need during this time. GCU is a great school. I am so grateful to attend a school that bases their foundation on Christian principles, and that are so humble and compassionate.
    I have recommended two people to GCU that are currently enrolled in GCU’s academic online courses. They love it as well.
    I do hope that we online students can be included in this stimulus (only because it is greatly needed); however, it is a blessing regardless!
    Thank you for your humility, GCU! You are greatly appreciated!

May.05.2020 at 12:45 pm
  145. Elvira D Hamilton

I have read so many of the testimonials that people of Grand Canyon University have stated and I have to say that I am not at all shocked to hear of what a wonderful and blessed school this is. I too feel the same way about GCU. From my first encounter with an admissions counselor to my very last class and those in between that I have had to come in contact with, my experience with this school is one where I am at a loss for words. Although I am an online student, it has not stopped me from recommending this institution to my friends who are talking about going back to school to get a degree. Grand Canyon University was my first and best choice and for them to do this for their students is just them showing us how much they care that their students are provided for. Thank you again for the opportunity to learn from some of the best instructors in the country.

May.07.2020 at 3:36 pm
  146. Shonda L. Fulcher

I expected this, great college!

May.13.2020 at 10:17 am
  147. Ray

I wouldn’t be so quick to heap praises just yet. GCU sent out emails that they cannot give any money to online students. They said they were going to protest/ask for reconsideration so they can give money to online students.

Everything I have heard so far today is that the decision was upheld, and online students will not get ANY money at all. On top of that, tuition just increased!

So no relief from CARES plus more expensive tuition. Sorry, but it’s hard to feel proud about GCU or show pride when you feel discriminated against and see SOME students getting some relief, but not all.

May.15.2020 at 12:31 am
  148. Raymond Jones

I knew GCU was the right choice before I started my first class. God bless all of you.

May.17.2020 at 7:55 pm
  149. Angie

Dont get happy. Only the 14,000 on campus students will see any of this money. The ones out there facing this virus every day, working our butts off on the front lines, and making our grades do not get to see any of it. Typical of this government.

May.19.2020 at 10:31 pm