Week of Prayer to Mark Start of New Year
Prayer Week 2011 will feature an hourlong prayer walk at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, starting in front of the Student Union on campus.
“With the tremendous excitement over growth taking place on campus, it is important to remember to give the glory to God for these blessings we receive,” says University Relations Manager Nick Knudson, an organizer of the event. “David said it best in Psalm 127:1: ‘Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.’
“It is appropriate to pause from the diligence of the work God has given us, to praise Him and seek His favor.”
Online students can participate by taking a few minutes to review what those on the walk will pray for:
- Wisdom for the executive team
- Impacting the surrounding community
- God’s protection and direction
- To be an example for the community
- Fulfill the GCU mission and vision
- God to reveal Himself and grow in relationship with students
- Sexual purity, resistant to sinful temptations
- Clarity of mind understanding classroom teaching
- Discipline to study amid distractions
- God’s provision to complete the degree
- Help students find God’s purpose for their lives
- Success and favor
FOR STAFF AND OTHER WORKERS
- God to speak through them
- Unity in common goal and purpose
- Positive working environment
- Diligence, efficiency and enthusiasm for work
- Recognition of purpose and significance in work
- God to be revealed through academics
- Clarity in communication
- Compassion for students
- Passion for teaching students
- Develop students through relationship
- Wisdom in teaching
FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
- Thanks for support
- No worry for students
- Unity of common goals and purpose
- Encouraging students
Each weekday during the week of Aug. 22-26, specific prayer is encouraged as follows:
- Monday: The upcoming academic year.
- Tuesday: Staff.
- Wednesday: Faculty.
- Thursday: Students.
- Friday: Parents of students.
Photo by Anissa Rowe