Holiday Break Details for Online Students
Grand Canyon University is pleased to announce we will be observing a two week break for classes in celebration of the Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays.
Classes beginning on Mondays will begin the break on Monday, 12/20/2010 and courses will resume on Monday, 1/3/2011. Classes beginning on Thursdays will begin the break on Thursday, 12/23/2010 and courses will resume on Thursday, 1/6/2011.
|Undergraduate Students: Holiday Break (noted in purple)|
|Graduate Students: Holiday Break (noted in purple)|
If students are scheduled to be in a course that spans over the Holiday Break, it is important to understand how it will operate:
- Students will attend their course up until the point the break begins.
- a. A student was scheduled to start Week 3 of his/her course on 12/23/10. The student will begin the Holiday Break, as scheduled on 12/23/10 and will return to Week 3 of his/her course on 1/6/11, after the break has ended.
b. A student ended his/her course on Sunday, 12/19/10. The student will observe the Holiday Break and return to a scheduled course on Monday, 1/3/11, after the break has ended.
- Students are not expected to participate in online discussion, submit assignments, or work with the CLC team during this Holiday Break period. Students can work ahead if they choose, but need to understand other students and instructors are not required to be in the classroom during the Holiday Break.
- Any postings made during the break will not count toward attendance or participation for any week of the course.
- During the Holiday Break, GCU’s faculty will not be required to participate in online discussions, return feedback, or be responsible for posting final grades for courses that end the day prior to the Holiday Break beginning. Any feedback or final grade that is due, will be completed the first week after the break ends.
- a. A student ended Week 2 of his/her course on Wednesday, 12/22/10. The instructor will not be required to return the feedback for Week 2 to the student until the end of Week 3 (Wednesday, 1/12/11).
b. A student ended his/her course on Sunday, 12/19/10. The instructor will not be required to return the final feedback or grade until the week after the Holiday Break (due by Sunday, 1/9/11).
- Students are not required to take any action to schedule the Holiday Break, as it will be automatically scheduled on the student’s behalf.
- a. 7 week courses that span over the Holiday Break will extend to 9 weeks in duration.
b. 8 week courses that span over the Holiday Break will extend to 10 weeks in duration, etc.).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Instructor or your Academic Counselor for clarification.