Campus Security Information Update
As part of our continuing efforts to provide a safe and secure campus for our student, staff and faculty, we are taking the following measures:
- The 31st Avenue entrance will be manned with a Public Safety officer from 7pm-2am daily. All vehicles will be stopped and IDs must be shown. Guests must identify who they are visiting on campus.
- A 6 foot gate will be placed at 34th Avenue entrance and secured at 7pm each evening. The 35th Avenue gate will be secured at 7pm each evening as well. In addition, fencing will be placed between the GCU parking lot and First Southern parking lot, securing the campus from foot traffic entrance to campus except through the security booths. The current drive/walk thru gate from KBCOB building to the Church will still remain open for Daycare and Nursing until approx. 9:45 pm, but the area will be patrolled.
- The main entrance at 33rd Avenue will remain open 24 hours, manned by a Security officer. Beginning at 7pm each evening (except on nights when an event takes place on campus), all vehicles will be stopped and IDs must be shown. Guests must identify who they are visiting on campus.
- Security officers will be placed in the lobby of both dorms from 9pm-5am 7 days per week. All students entering must present their ID and all guests must sign in. Guests must leave the dorm at 12 midnight each weekday and 2am on weekends.
- All hall doors in the in the dorms will remain locked at all times. Students must use their passpoint to enter halls, and students of the opposite sex can only enter a hall with a resident of that hall.
All of these measures are being implemented for the safety and security of our students. As we continue to grow the student body and construction begins on another new dorm in January 2011 we will continue to seek to improve the security and safety of the campus.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at 602.639.6225.
Serving Christ and students,
Grand Canyon University
Dean of Students