Volunteers Needed for Community Fall Festival
WHAT: GCU’s vision is to fill the campus with live entertainment, game and food booths, and inflatable rides for children to play on … and invite the entire community to come and enjoy a free, fun-filled evening of entertainment on our campus as a local Christian alternative to Halloween. This is a sponsored event, at no cost to visitors, bringing local businesses, organizations, and families together for a time of celebration and festivity. We are looking for a great night of fun with hundreds from the community joining us!
WHEN: Thursday, October 28
5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Before the Event
- Sponsor a game or food booth: Each student group is asked to host a game or food booth. (To avoid duplicates, all booths must register with the Office of Spiritual Life. Call Terri Faust at ext. 6750 or email email@example.com to register.) Registration forms are also online at http://my.gcu.edu/Students/SpiritualLife/Community/Pages/FallFestival.aspx.
- Chili Cook-off: The Guild is sponsoring a chili cook-off with all proceeds going towards scholarships for students. Register to submit your chili for this event by contacting the Office of Alumni Relations at ext. 639.6418 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for registering is Tuesday, October 26. All entries must be brought to the Mariposa Lawn on Thursday, October 28 by 4 p.m. for judging by the Guild members. The chili will be placed in containers for serving at the festival so all contestants can take their pots with them. The winner wins a $50 gift certificate to Chili’s Restaurant! If you can not enter your chili into the contest, you can donate cheese, onions or fritos. Contact the Office of Alumni Relations to donate.
Day of the Event
- Volunteer Event Staff: Anyone interested in helping with the numerous behind-the-scenes tasks on the day of the event please contact Maria West in the Events Office at ext. 639.6193 or email@example.com. Volunteers are needed for:
- Set-up: Thursday morning help set-up canopies, tables and chairs.
- Parking: Volunteer to help direct traffic and park our guests anytime from 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Clean-up: At 8:30 p.m. help us take canopies down, stack tables and chairs, and make sure the inflatables are folded up.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, or are interested in getting involved, please contact Pastor Tim at extension 639-6750 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.