Grand prize winners announced in Fitness Challenge
By Laurie Merrill
GCU News Bureau
After eight weeks of vigorous competition, Grand Canyon University employees who participated in the Get Fit on Route 66 Fitness Challenge have crossed the finish line.
The competition, which began Feb. 27 and ended April 23, challenged employees in a two-pronged contest to both walk the most steps and lose the most weight.
More than 100 weekly raffle prizes, including FitBits, lunch totes, exercise mats and hyrdro flasks, were awarded to qualifying contestants.
This week, the GCU Wellness Committee, which organized the Fitness Challenge, announced grand prizes for overall achievement.
Two teams won the top prize, a catered lunch, for logging the most steps. No. 1 was Team Jacob with 930,221 steps. Members are Lia and Shaun Jacob. The No. 2 team was Analyzzze My Steps with 861,915 steps. Members are Javohir Sodikov, Lorin Marchese, Stephany Bravo Rivera, Elias Perez and Brian McGuire.
The No. 3 team was Workweek Hustlers (841,915 steps). No. 4 was Team Walkaholics (773,809). No. 5 was Legal Writes (691,701).
GoPro cameras were awarded to other winners:
- Top Female Step Count: Carissa Ramirez
- Top Male Step Count: Todd Christianson
- Top Female Steps and Converted Activities: Carolyn Lister
- Top Male Steps and Converted Activities: Brian McGuire
FitBit HR 2’s were awarded to winners in the following categories:
- Top 10 Step Count: Jamie Morris, Shaun Jacob, Sajjad Khan, Daniel Delgado, Su Fong, Amy Kistler, Michael Rodriguez, Meaghan Andrews, Jessica Crain and Miguel Thompson.
- Top Female Weight Loss: Victoria Pritchett
- Top Male Weight Loss: Jon Hope
- Top 10 Weight Loss: Kathy Richard, Mark Potts, Kimberly Swinton, Thomas Olsen, Kristyn Miller, Sue Sousa, Joe Bennett, Marianne Franco, Taylor Lay and Joanne Glover.
Contact Laurie Merrill at (602) 639-6511 or email@example.com.